That’s right, the purpose of today’s webcast (9 a.m. Pacific, noon Eastern, http://www.autodesk.com/webcast) is to announce the launch of the AutoCAD 2011 family of products – including (of course) AutoCAD LT!
You can bet I’ll be blogging a lot in the upcoming days and weeks about all the new features, but here’s my top 5 list for today:
- Transparent objects and layers (way cool!)
- Grips for polyline editing (super fast!)
- Hatch grips and contextual tabs (dialog? what dialog?)
- Create objects based on existing objects (“current layer” could be practically obsolete!)
- Text in linetypes is always right-side up (so long to the “reverse” command)
And if that’s still not enough, you can download a free 30-day trial and try out the new features for yourself.
In addition to the webcast, we’re having an all-day event with some well-known AutoCAD bloggers:
- Michael Beall ~ http://www.cadtutor.net/corner/
- Brian Benton ~ http://CAD-a-Blog.com
- David Cohn ~ http://cadman-do.blogspot.com/
- Donnie Gladfelter ~ http://www.thecadgeek.com/
- Mark Kiker ~ http://www.caddmanager.com/CMB/
- RK McSwain ~ http://cadpanacea.com/
- Melanie Perry ~ http://mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
- Curt Moreno ~ http://www.kungfudrafter.com/
- Barry Ralphs ~ http://www.opendcl.com
- Dean Saadallah ~ http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
That means there will soon be plenty of independent reviews of AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD LT 2011 up on the internet for your perusal. (Autodesk may have sponsored our bloggers’ visit, but as always they’re free to say whatever they think about our products.)
I’ll have more on the event tomorrow, but if that’s not soon enough for you, I’ll also be twittering throughout the day with updates, news, and whatever else I think might be interesting.
So, get ready for AutoCAD LT 2011! I think you’ll like it!